Activating Your Chime Feature
Learn How to Turn on the Chime Feature on a Vista and Lynx Series Alarm Panel
The chime feature is a convenient feature that annunciates on your keypad when door or a window is opened. This chime features does not affect the operation of your alarm system, but is simply a helpful feature.
Vista Series Chime Feature
To turn ON the chime feature on a vista series alarm panel
- Enter your 4 Digit Code
- Enter the number 9 or (Chime) button
- The Chime should be displayed on the keypad. It should now beep or chime when a door or window is opened.
To turn OFF the chime feature on the vista series alarm panel
- Enter your 4 digit code
- Enter the number 9 or chime button
- Chime should now no longer be displayed on your keypad. There should be no beeping or chiming when the door or window is opened.
Honeywell Lynx Panel
To turn ON the chime feature on a Honeywell Lynx Panel
- Press the “more” button at the bottom corner of the screen.
- Then, press the settings icon.
- Select Chime
- Press Save.
- It should now beep or chime on the keypad when the door is opened.
Special Notes: On the Lynx series Alarm Panel, you can select Voice in the settings menu to have the panel annunciate the particular door that is being opened. When you open a door, it will say what door is been opened on the keypad. Also, within the settings menu, you can adjust the volume level for the chime and voice annunciations.
If you need any assistance with this feature or any other feature of your alarm system, please feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to assist you with your system.