Access Control System
Access Control System
Access control is a system that allows a person to gain entry into an entrance by a swipe from an access card or fob. These systems are incredibly valuable for commercial properties and once a company sets up these systems, they never go back.
There are many benefits to using Access Control for your business or commercial property.
- Secures your Building: Instead of having to rely on an employee to lock your business, access control allows you to control when your doors are locked and who can gain access.
- Allows Time Periods: Access control allows time periods to be set when you want your doors to be locked and unlocked. It also allows you to set authority levels on certain rooms. For example, if there are places within your building that you only want upper management to have access to, you can program their keycards to be the only one with access. This is a fantastic way to keep track of who is in the building and where they are.
- Keeps Track of your Employees: Access control allows you to keep track of your employees and to log who is coming and when.
- Enables First Man In: The First Man in function is a great function in the event of snow day or holidays. This function allows your system to know if there is someone in the building before it unlocks the doors, if it is on a specific timer. For example, if your doors are set to unlock at 8am, if no one shows up the at your building, the doors will remain locked. However, if one of your employees swipes into the system at 7:45am, the system knows there is a “first man in” and will resume normal operating systems and open at 8:00 am.
- Encryption: This state of the art system provides safety and security and allows you to deactivate keycards or fobs if needed.
- Integrated with your Fire System: Access control works with your fire system to enable all the doors to unlock in the case of an emergency.
There are two main systems. The primary system, which includes all the features listed above, and the Stand Alone. The stand alone system is designed for single door entry or a single room that you are trying to control. This stand alone system works on either a fob system or numeric keypad. This system is a much simpler system and does not come with all the features and functions, as described above.
There are many different options for door locks and the systems that would be best for your business. We are here to help you make the best security decisions for your building. We would love to walk you through the process and help you find the best system for your situation.
Call us today for a free quote with no obligations and see how easy it can be to secure your business.